Thursday 27 April 2017

Propaganda

How do media, propaganda, and advertisements affect me? Well, probably much more then I think. There's the obvious influence from pop culture and mass media that tend to shape the kind of person you are while growing up. An example of this is the thousands of fads and trends that young people like us see all over social media. But, getting into some more advanced stuff that affects outside our immediate world, we also see so much news that can change our world view. Twitter is an excellent example of this as we see articles and news blasts about Donald Trump and his absolutely ridiculous notions in America. Canadian news tends to make him look like a complete idiot, which I believe he is. I strongly believe he is. But on the contrary, American news tries to justify his actions by wording their articles correctly to get the American people on their side. It makes sense that they would do this for Americans as the government is going to need the generals population to back them up in their decisions. But anyway, back to the actual questions. How am I affected? I would say my view on America is tarnished from all of the bad news I've seen about that hell hole. I don't even know if half the stuff I read is true but it doesn't matter, I still just do not like Americans or their country.

About the documentary we just watched, something like North Korean propaganda, I really don't know what to believe. I think that both sides of the story are lying or at least exaggerating many things they state as true. I believe that North Korea is not a nice place to be and that their culture/government is ran in a very non-progressive way despite what they may say. But, I also think that the U.S. and other countries are exaggerating and making up lies to really deteriorate the country and make it seem like fresh hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment