Tuesday 4 April 2017

Film Making

Hmmmm, what can I say about making my own film. It was an experience. My shots were obviously very choppy and did not flow in the least, but, I did it. Of course I chose to rip off my most favourite movie ever, Dirty Dancing. I honestly thought I did not bad for a 5 minute remake of the movie.

The hardest part of making this movie, was probably the fact that I didn't get to work with real-life Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey. But I think the actors I chose did well.

The best part about making this movie was getting to see the chemistry unfold between the two main actors. Some of the shots they had to film exposed them in a whole new way that allowed them to open up to one another.

In the end, my movie sort of ended up how I expected, with just a few scenes cut out. I'm pretty happy with the final product even though it's choppy and hard to follow unless you have seen Dirty Dancing a million times like I have. 

The hardest part was finding a day when I could use all of my actors at once and really get down to business. 


I would say editing was the easiest part of this whole deal. I used iMovie on my iPad to put all of my clips together. Very user friendly.


Overall this was kinda fun. Very stressful, but sorta in a way fun.


-till next time

1 comment:

  1. Nomination for best chemistry: the kids who played Baby and Johnny

    ReplyDelete